Eric began his journey to the legal field by working as a life insurance agent prior to returning to college. While working with a family that was struggling financially, he learned just how important proper planning is for all families, not just wealthy families.He learned that day of the unexpected death of this family’s teenage daughter. He saw how much their entire family went through because they were not prepared for such a horrific situation. It was that day and that story that made Eric realize that he wanted to help make sure that families didn’t have to go through what this family went through. He knew that, although proper planning would not have brought back their daughter, it would have given this family more peace of mind.
Eric returned to school and obtained Associate’s Degrees in Accounting and Business Administration while pursuing his Bachelors of Science in Finance.While finishing his Bachelor’s Degree Eric decided that he wanted to continue his education, and take his career path to a place where he could truly help families accomplish the goal of achieving peace of mind through proper planning. Eric attended law school at the University Of South Dakota School Of Law and graduated with his Juris Doctorate degree in 2012.
Eric started out as a solo practice attorney in his hometown of Viborg, SD in November 2012. In April 2013, Eric moved his practice to Sioux Falls while maintaining a satellite office in Viborg one day per week. Eric continues to travel to the Viborg office on Thursdays each week. Eric focuses on Estate Planning and Business Planning while also helping clients with various other areas of the law.
- Juris Doctor, University of South Dakota School of Law (2012)
- Bachelors in Finance and Associates in Accounting, Colorado Technical University (2009) – Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Associates in Business Administration, Colorado Technical University (2008)
Admitted to Practice
- South Dakota State Court
- United States District Court, District of South Dakota
State Bar of South Dakota,
- Last Will and Testament
- Living Wills
- General Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Business Planning
- Business Formations
- Debt Collection
- Debt Settlement
- Contact For Deed Drafting
- Contract For Deed Disputes
- General Contract Drafting
- General Contract Disputes
- Real Estate Documents Drafting